2018 is coming to an end and you have set the goal of selling your home before entering the New Year. If you are going to try to market your home and want to receive offers at a good pace, it is essential that you approach the process correctly house buyers houston. A bad strategy could make the property languish and not close the operation as fast as you thought. We want to give you some tips to make a successful sale before the 2019 chimes:
- Competitive price – All sellers want to extract some benefit from a transaction of this type, so they may fall into the error of raising the sales price too much. It is true that the market has come back, but wages have not risen at the same rate. You must find a fair balance between the similar offers in your area and the profile of the interested demand. It is important that you are willing to make a rebate and do not close in band when negotiating.
- Careful presentation – Buyers are no longer satisfied with the first thing they see. A dilapidated house lowers the mood a lot. It is not about reforming the house from top to bottom, but to present it in a way that the buyer can see its potential. Do not put a new kitchen, but throw away the old appliances. Empty the bedroom and living room of those ugly inherited furniture that only eat space and accumulate dust. A coat of paint never hurts. In the bathroom, that everything is clean.
- Payments per day – One of the aspects that most discourage potential buyers are that the seller is not up to date with the corresponding payments. It is vital that all mortgage installments have been completed diligently, that there are no overdue IBI receipts and that the community of owners can certify that they are up to date with ordinary and extraordinary payments. With this entire paperwork ready, not only do you save time, but you also gain the confidence of the future owner.
- Friends and family – Before you advertise your home on real estate portals, try to spread the word among your nearby circle. The experts themselves admit that the first buyer is usually a neighbor in the area and the second a friend or a relative, while the third is already an unknown. Ask for advice from someone you trust to tell you what possible failures jump at a glance. If word of mouth does not work for you, use the help of a real estate agent. Your professionalism will be decisive.
- Looking for alternatives – Have you ever wondered if you really need to sell? If you need the money because you are going to buy another house, it is obvious that it is, but if you do not have an urgent need for liquidity, maybe you should evaluate the possibility of resorting to the rental market. The returns provided by the lease formula are very attractive at this time, especially if the property is well located. It is income sustained over time that could complete your salary.